Premade Book Cover Design Service Agreement
By purchasing Knockin’ Books book cover design service, you are saying that you have read and agree to the terms of this agreement.
This book cover design agreement (the “Agreement”) is made and entered on (date of purchase) by and between: (“Client”) you and Knockin’ Books (“Designer”).
1. Payment: The total fee for Knockin’ Books premade design service must be prepaid with additional options available. Payment is required in full by Client before work will begin. Payment can be made through PayPal. Payment is non refundable.
2. Premade Book Cover Design Service: The premade book cover design service includes the following:
3. Work-for-Hire: Designer is an independent contractor and any work done for the Client will be on a “work-for-hire” basis and not as Client’s employee.
4. Mockups and Revisions: Designer will provide Client with extremely minor hard edits of premade book cover design for Client to approve. Examples of minor hard edits include (but are not limited to) alteration of line breaks, title and author name changes (provided that the new title and author names aren’t significantly shorter or longer than what is included for placement only on the premade cover design), and correction of client-provided spelling, punctuation and capitalization errors. Any revisions determined to be significant (at the sole discretion of the Designer) will be quoted to Client at $75 an hour with a one-hour minimum. Examples of significant changes would include (but are not limited to) Photoshop work, alternate photo selection, font style and type changes, and color pallete alterations. Any and all revisions made after 30 days of Client accepting the final version and files of the book cover design will incur additional charges billed at $75 an hour with a one-hour minimum.
5. Client Representations: Client represents and warrants that the book title and author name provided by Client for the book cover design project are owned or licensed by Client and that Client is authorized to use and display such items in a book cover design. Client shall be solely responsible for the materials and the validity of copyrights, trademarks and ownership claimed by Client. Client agrees to indemnify and hold the Designer and their affiliates harmless from and against any claim of infringement, or any trademark, copyright or trade secret, or negligence arising from any text or other material provided by Client.
6. Responsibilities: Client is fully responsible for proofing the book cover design provided by the Designer. At no time will Designer be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees or expenses incurred by Client as a result of using the book cover design provided by Designer. While Designer will do their best to fix any problems that may arise with the book cover design, they cannot be held responsible for any costs, fees, or expenses due to any problem with the book cover design even if the error was a result of an error by Designer.
7. Refunds and Cancellations: Client may request cancellation by email to email@example.com. Refunds are not available on premade covers.
8. Use of Client’s Book Cover for Promotional Purposes: Designer will often include samples of book cover designs they have done on their website and promotional materials. Designer maintains rights to include all work done by client for these purposes. Designer will NOT include covers that have not officially been revealed by Client until after their reveal if requested.
By purchasing Knockin’ Books book cover design services, you are saying that you have read and agree to the terms of this contract. (Electronic signature assumed by purchase by Client and Designer).